iPhone Dev Team: No Jailbreak For iOS 4.0.2, iOS 3.2.2
Apple released iOS 4.0.2 two weeks back, which fixed the security vulnerability in iOS 4 and iOS 4.0.1 for iPhone, iPod Touch and iOS 3.2.1 for iPad that was used by JailbreakMe – the web-based to jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
iPhone Dev Team explained the reason for not releasing the jailbreak for iOS 4.0.2:
No, there won’t be. FW 4.0.2/3.2.2 was *only* released to fix the jailbreakme hole. With FW 4.1 still in its beta stages, it makes no sense to escalate the “cat & mouse” with Apple for FW updates that only fix the jailbreak holes. To quote WOPR, “the only winning move is not to play”.
If the cat & mouse game escalates too quickly, especially during beta FW periods, nobody but Apple benefits. For this reason, there won’t be a 4.0.2/3.2.2 jailbreak specifically during the period where 4.0.2/3.2.2 is the latest public release. At best, some future 4.1x FW jailbreak *may* be compatible with 4.0.2/3.2.2 (but don’t count on that).
[via Dev Team’s blog]
- iPhone Dev Team To Release Redsn0w And PwnageTool For Untethered iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak
- Dev Team Release Redsn0w To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 3G And iPod Touch 2G
- Redsn0w To Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Released
- Redsn0w To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G For Windows Users Released
- Redsn0w 0.9.5 Released To Jailbreak iOS 4 For iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G