Multifl0w Brings Expos-like Multitasking To iPhone, iPod Touch And iPad
But before Apple had introduced multitasking, the iPhone hacking community had already released jailbreak apps like Multifl0w, Proswitcher, Backgrounder that allowed users to run third party apps in the background in iPhone OS 3.x.x, which was one of the major reasons for jailbreaking the iPhone.
Aaron Ash, developer of popular Multifl0w – jailbreak app that brought Palm Pre Exposé-like multitasking for iOS back in November 2009, has just released a revamped version of his app, which is compatible with iOS 4. The new version is even better.
Here are some of the features of the revamped jailbreak app:
Multifl0w shows all open apps (up to 9) on the same screen, for easy and quick task switching. This makes it more intuitive and it also quicker to close the app compared to Apple’s implementation as you can just tap on the cross button.
The apps can be dragged and dropped to re-arrange them.
In iOS4, Multifl0w can work alongside or totally replace Apple's task switcher by going to Settings –> Multifl0w –> Activation Methods –> Home Button – tap on Double Press
Its also compatible on iOS 3.1.X (but you need to install the free Backgrounder jailbreak app).
Checkout this demo video of Multifl0w in action, its pretty impressive:
Multiflow costs $4.99 and is available on Cydia and Rock Your Phone store.
We would love to find out what you think about Multifl0w and if you plan to replace Apple’s task switcher with it.
- Multifl0w 2.1 Brings WebOS Cards-Style Multitasking Interface To iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch
- Zephyr: Jailbreak Tweak Brings Multitasking Gestures to The iPhone And iPod Touch
- DisplayOut: Jailbreak App Brings iPad 2?s Video Mirroring Feature To iPad, iPhone 4 & iPod Touch 4G
- iOS 4.2 For iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch Coming In November; Brings iOS 4 Features To iPad, Includes Wireless Printing, AirPlay Features
- iPhone OS 4.0 Brings Multitasking, Ad Framework For Apps