Google Starts Charging a Signup Fee For Chrome Extension Developers
trooperer writes “On Thursday, Google introduced two significant changes in the Google Chrome Extensions Gallery: a developer signup fee and a domain verification system. The signup fee is a one-time payment of $5. The announcement says its purpose is to ‘create better safeguards against fraudulent extensions in the gallery and limit the activity of malicious developer accounts.’ Developers who already registered with the gallery can continue to update their extensions and publish new items without paying the fee.”
Google also made available a developer preview for the Chrome Web Store.
- Google Begins Emailing Extension Developers To Get Ready For Chrome Web Store
- Google Starts Blocking Extensions Not In the Chrome Web Store
- Google Chrome 25 Will Disable Silent Extension Installation
- Google Chrome Extension Steals Login Details
- Google’s Awesomely Useful And Obvious “Highlight To Search” Chrome Extension