Dutch Hackers Create Wi-Fi Sniffing Drone
An anonymous reader writes “The WASP, or Wireless Aerial Surveillance Platform, has been built out of a hobby-grade airframe and open source Ardupilot autopilot, reports sUASnews. In the words of the Rabbit-Hole website, it’s a ‘Small Scale, Open Source UAV using off the shelf components. Designed to provide a vehicle to project cyber-offensive and defensive capabilities, and visual / electronic surveillance over distance cheaply and with little risk.’” Want a drone of your own? The makers have some pointers to helpful resources.
- Hackers Can Use AR.Drone To Create An Airborne Botnet Controller
- Hackers’ Flying Drone Now Eavesdrops On GSM Phones
- US Senator Warns Against Political Surveillance By Drone
- Hackers, Gamers and Tech Workers: The UK Needs You For a New Cyber Army
- US Cyber Command Discloses Offensive Cyberwarfare Capabilities