China Pushes Real Name System For Online Games
oxide7 writes “Starting from August 1, internet users will have to register using their real names for playing online games, China Daily reported on Saturday. The regulation, issued by the Ministry of Culture on June 22, is said to be part of a nationwide campaign to improve management of the virtual gaming industry and protect the minor from unwholesome content. It applies to all multiplayer role-playing and social networking games.”
- China Mandates Parental Controls For Online Games
- Real Racing’s Upcoming Online Multiplayer Feature To Allow Users To Race In Real-Time With 4 Players
- Too Much Multiplayer In Today’s Games?
- China’s Online Game Market Surges; Set To Top $8 Billion By 2014
- China Restricts Minors From Using Virtual Currency