Long In Development, Toshiba ‘SCiB’ Battery Debuts
relliker notes Toshiba’s announcement of the SCiB, a battery we have been following for years. (As usual, use NoScript to avoid the incredibly annoying timed begging popup on Gizmag/’s site.) Here is Toshiba’s SCiB site. The battery’s specs claim 6,000+ charge/deep-discharge cycles with minor capacity loss, safe rapid charging to 90% in 5 minutes, and enhanced safety regarding overheating or shorting out. It could make its way into electric vehicles before long.
- Long In Development, Toyota ‘SCiB’ Battery Debuts
- Toshiba’s Ultra-Long-Lasting Battery May Be in Cars as Early as Next Year
- FCC’s iPad Teardown Photos Reveals Apple A4, Toshiba Flash Memory, Broadcom Chip, Battery & More
- BMW Debuts First Electric Vehicle Made Primarily of Carbon Fiber
- With an Eye Toward Disaster, NYC Debuts Solar Charging Stations