Micro Plane That Perches On Power Lines
An anonymous reader wrote in to tell us about a microplane that perches on power lines to recharge its batteries being developed as a surveillance device at MIT. As you can imagine, landing on a power line is hard to do… and charging off transmission lines has its own problems.
- Military Uses ‘Bat-Hook’ To Tap Power From Lines
- Can the NSA Really Track You Through Power Lines?
- Wireless Power Group Sees Standard Within 6 Months
- Solar Powered Plane Completes Cross-Country Flight
- Today’s Best Science: Power Lines For Fukushima, Monkeys Recognize Their Buddies, and Plans for the Largest Tidal Array