Forced iAds Coming To OS X?
mario_grgic writes “Apple insider brings a story about expansion and renewal of current ‘Advertisement in Operating System’ patent that Apple’s Steve Jobs and other contributors have. The patent describes in detail (with OS X screen shots) how the forced ads would work (they would disable some OS functionality until the ad is viewed), but apparently it also applies to any device with UI including phones, TVs set top boxes etc. With recent Apple entry into mobile ad business, and ambition to own half of all the mobile ads served in second half of this year, it certainly makes one wonder if Apple would dare and put something like this in its desktop OS. I wonder if this would push more people to open source alternatives?”
Source: Forced iAds Coming To OS X?
- Mobile Insiders Say Apple’s iAds Are “Hurting”
- UK Apple Shop Forced To Change Its Name
- Apple Is Forced By EU To Give 2 Years Warranty On All Its Products
- Ahead Of A Wide Launch Next Year, Apple Previews iAds For iPad With Tron Legacy
- In The Fight Against Apple’s iAds, Google Plays The Cross-Platform Card