‘Bloatware’ Becoming a Problem On Android Phones
elrous0 writes “According to a recent article in Wired, consumers of many new Android devices (including Samsung’s Vibrant and HTC’s EVO) are complaining about the increasing presence of something that has plagued consumer PC’s for years: Bloatware (or, to use the more kind euphemism, ‘Pre-installed software’ that the computer manufacturer gets paid to include on a new PC). Unfortunately the bloatware (aka ‘crapware’) that comes with these phones has a nasty quality not found on even the most bloated PC: it can’t be removed. Many angry consumers have begun to complain openly about this disturbing trend.”
- Protect Your Android Phone By Killing All Its Crapware
- An Open Letter To PC Makers: Ditch Bloatware, Now!
- Feature Phones Make Java ME, Not Android, the #2 Mobile Internet OS
- South Korean Court Rules That Phone Bloatware Must Be Deletable
- Google Annouces Plans, Partners To Guarantee Android Phones Will Get Latest Updates