Death Grip Tested On iPhone Competitors
adeelarshad82 writes “Given Steve Jobs’ recent claims about ‘Death Grip’ being a common problem among smart phones, PCMag tested out six major iPhone competitors to see how they would react to the grip. The test included Motorola Droid X, T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide, Droid Incredible by HTC, BlackBerry Bold 9650, and the Samsung Captivate. The signal strength was measured in dBm, which typically ranges between -50 to -110 dBm (numbers closer to zero show better signal). Interestingly, the test results video showed mixed results. T-Mobile myTouch 3G and Samsung Captivate showed drastic changes, dropping down to -89 and -97 dBm respectively. On the other hand, while the signal strength dropped for HTC Droid Incredible, Motorola Droid X and Blackberry Bold, it wasn’t as severe. Results of testing showed that not all phones reacted the same way to the typical death grip and required variations of it to bring about results.”
- Tawkon: Cell Phone Radiation Measurement App Shows How Death Grip Impacts iPhone 4, Nexus One, BlackBerry 9700
- Verizon iPhone 4 Cellular Signal Strength Also Affected By ‘Death Grip’; Wi-Fi Reception Affected By ‘Death Hug’
- Verizon iPhone Also Haunted By the Death Grip
- iPhone 4S Fixes Death Grip Issue?
- Consumer Reports Confirms Death Grip In Verizon iPhone