Google Chrome Extension Steals Login Details
An anonymous reader sends word of a proof-of-concept Google Chrome browser extension that steal users’ login details. The developer, Andreas Grech, says that he is trying to raise awareness about security among end users, and therefore chose Chrome as a test-bed because of its reputation as the safest browser. Grech says he does not doubt that Chrome is a safe browser, but the point is that such an extension could be written for any of them. Grech says he has not uploaded his extension to the Google Chrome repository or anywhere else; but he has published enough details to allow others to reproduce the technique easily.
- Google Chrome 25 Will Disable Silent Extension Installation
- Google Launches Voice Search Hotword Extension For Chrome
- Google Announces ‘End-To-End’ Encryption Extension For Chrome
- Google’s Awesomely Useful And Obvious “Highlight To Search” Chrome Extension
- Google Stars Extension For Chrome Leaks: Hands On