When Telemarketers Harass Telecoms Companies
farnz writes “Andrews & Arnold, a small telecoms company in the UK, have recently been hit with an outbreak of illegal junk calls. Unlike larger firms, they’ve come up with an innovative response — assign 4 million numbers to play recordings to the telemarketers, put them on the UK’s Do-Not-Call list and see what happens. Thus far, the record is over 3 minutes before a telemarketer works out what’s going on.” The sound quality (and the satisfying humor) of the recording gets better as it goes on.
- Recording of Recently Shut-Down Telemarketers In Action
- Illinois Law Grounds PETA Drones Meant To Harass Hunters
- Former Pentagon Analyst: China Has Backdoors To 80% of Telecoms
- US Spies Have “Security Agreements” With Foreign Telecoms
- Canadian Regulator Orders Telecoms To Tell Us What It Costs To Run Their Service