Report Claims iPhone 4 Caught Fire; Blames Defective USB Port
Apple’s woes with iPhone 4 don’t seem to end. BoyGeniusReports is reporting that an iPhone 4 apparently caught fire and burnt the users hand.
BGR has published pictures of the damaged iPhone 4, which was sent to them by one of their reliable sources who works in AT&T’s retail store.
According to BGR:
It’s the first time our guy has seen this happen (us too), but the brand new iPhone 4 caught on fire while being hooked up to a computer using the Apple USB cable that accompanied the device. The customer wanted to exchange the iPhone — obviously — for a new, non-charred unit however the AT&T store in question was out of stock. An Apple Store did confirm to our AT&T connection that this did appear to be a defective USB port and not some sort of user error. Our source went onto say that the phone bezel was extremely hot (obviously), and it slightly burned the customers hand.
This is the first time we’ve heard of an iPhone catching fire. Last year, we had heard reports of iPhones exploding but Apple had responded that based on their investigation it was due to users exerting external force and not due to any battery problem that many had speculated.
Let’s just hope its an isolated incident.