> George Lucas C&Ds ‘Lightsaber Laser’
George Lucas C&Ds ‘Lightsaber Laser’
dward90 writes “George Lucas thinks that bulky, handheld lasers shouldn’t be produced because they are his intellectual property. From CNN: ‘George Lucas wants to force a laser company to stop making a new, high-powered product he says looks too much like the famous lightsaber from his classic sci-fi series.
Lucasfilm Ltd. has sent a cease-and-desist letter to Hong Kong-based Wicked Lasers, threatening legal action if it doesn’t change its Pro Arctic Laser series or stop selling it altogether.’”
Source: George Lucas C&Ds ‘Lightsaber Laser’
- Wicked Lasers Introduces Handheld One-Watt Green Laser
- ‘The People vs. George Lucas’ Is Really a Twisted Love Letter
- George Lucas to Resurrect Dead Movie Stars?
- George Lucas Selects Chicago For the Star Wars Museum
- Disney Turned Down George Lucas’s Star Wars Scripts
Categories: slashdot Arctic, c amp, cease and desist letter, copyright, Court, dward, Gadget, George Lucas, George Lucas C, Hong Kong, laser, lightsaber, lucasfilm ltd, property, sci fi series, series, starwars, toy, wicked lasers