Users Report Foul Play In App Store Rankings, Purchases
An anonymous reader writes “Two iPhone App developers have spotted what appears to be a hacking of the App store rankings by a rogue developer. The rankings in the books category of the US iTunes store features 40 out of 50 apps by the same app developer, Thuat Nguyen. What’s more concerning is that it seems individuals’ iTunes accounts have been hacked to make mass purchases of that one developer’s apps.” Among the comments attached to the linked story is one which suggests the security problem may lie elsewhere.
- More Trouble In Apple’s App Store
- Google Play: Developers Make More From In-App Purchases Than App Sales
- Apple to Developers: Don’t Mess With Our App Store Rankings
- After A Four Day Freeze, Apple’s US App Store Rankings Begin To Thaw
- Chrome Web Store Goes International And Gains In-App Purchases With 5% Flat Fee