Spirit2Pwn: Hack Allows Users To Update And Jailbreak iPhone 3GS With iOS 4, Which Is Already Jailbroken Using Spirit
iPhone hacker by the handle, Gojohnnyboi has just released a hack called Spirit2Pwn to patch Spirit jailbreak so that users who have jailbroken their iPhone 3GS using Spirit can also jailbreak it using PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze.
Please note that this won’t work for iPhone 3GS with newer bootrom.
You can follow these steps to install the Spirit2Pwn hack:
Please don’t forget to backup your iPhone before you proceed. You can refer to this post for instructions on how to backup your iPhone 3GS.
We haven’t been able to test it out so please proceed at your own risk.
Launch Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone 3GS with older bootrom. You can use F0recast to find out if your iPhone 3GS has newer or older bootrom. Please DO NOT install Spirit2Pwn if you have a newer bootrom as it could end up bricking your iPhone.
Tap on the Manage tab at the bottom and then tap on Sources.
Tap on the ‘Edit’ button and then on ‘Add’ to add the repository required to install Spirit2Pwn.
Then add the repo http://repo.woowiz.net to Cydia.
Search for ‘spirit2pwn’ in Cydia and tap on Install to install the hack.
After Spirit2Pwn is installed, you should be able to use PwnageTool for Mac Users and Sn0wbreeze for Windows users to jailbreak your iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) that was previously jailbroken using Spirit.
Please drop us a line to tell us how it goes.
- Sn0wbreeze To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G For Windows Users Released
- Sn0wbreeze To Jaibreak iOS 4 For iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G For Windows Users Released
- Breaking News: iPhone Dev Team Release PwnageTool 4.0 To Update And Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G With iOS 4
- iPad 3G Jailbroken Using ‘Spirit’ Jailbreak
- Spirit: Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Released