Apple Sold Over 1.7 Million iPhone 4s; Most Successful Product Launch in Apple’s history
Apple has just announced that it has sold 1.7 million iPhone 4s through Saturday, within just three days after it was launched on June 24.
These are stunning numbers if you consider that it took Apple 74 days to sell one million first-generation iPhones.
Apple released the following statement:
Apple today announced that it has sold over 1.7 million of its iPhone 4 through Saturday, June 26, just three days after its launch on June 24. The new iPhone 4 features FaceTime, which makes video calling as easy as one tap, and Apple's new Retina display, the highest resolution display ever built into a phone, resulting in stunning text, images and video.
"This is the most successful product launch in Apple's history," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "Even so, we apologize to those customers who were turned away because we did not have enough supply."
iPhone 4 is currently available only in United States, UK, France, Germany, and Japan, which makes these numbers even more impressive.
Apple has reiterated that iPhone 4 will be available in the following 18 countries by the end of July: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Congratulations to Apple Engineers for the most successful product launch in Apple’s history.
- iPhone 4S Sold Out For Launch Day In Less Than 24 Hours At Apple
- Apple: iPhone 4S Pre-Orders Top One Million in First 24 Hours
- Verizon iPhone Pre-orders Sold Out; Best First Day Launch In Verizon’s History; Attacks AT&T’s Network In New iPhone Ad
- AT&T: iPhone 4S – The Most Successful iPhone Launch We’ve Ever Had
- Apple Likely To Launch Next Gen iPhone And Announce Release Date For iPhone OS 4.0 On June 7