iPhone Dev Team Working Hard To Release Tools To Jailbreak And Unlock iOS 4; Warn Unlockers To Avoid Upgrading To iOS 4
Apple has finally released iOS 4 for iPhone and iPod Touch users.
One of the things that users who have jailbroken and unlocked their iPhone are eagerly waiting to find out is whether iOS 4 can be jailbroken and unlocked.
We are working hard on a release to our tools that will jailbreak your device (or give you iOS 4 via the jailbreak train) and provide you with a carrier unlock.
Until these tools are released you should hold off on updating your device until we have fully tested our tools with all the relevant devices.
If you rely on hacktivation or a carrier unlock (ultrasn0w) then you should not upgrade until we have fully tested and released our tools.
Don’t be tempted with unofficial PwnageTool/redsn0w bundles or releases, just check here or our team twitter for real time release information.
Remember, we risk our devices so you don’t have to (but this time anyone who has made a mistake upgrading their baseband firmware at 3.1.3 or 4.0 should be OK real soon ;)
They have also published a video, which says it all:
MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev Team has reconfirmed over the weekend that it will be possible to unlock the new baseband (05.13.04) that is included in iOS 4 Golden Master and that it might be possible to also unlock iPhone 4. Its the same baseband in iOS 4 that was released today, so expect to get the good news soon.
[via Dev Team’s blog]
- iPhone Dev Team Warn Jailbreakers And Unlockers To Avoid Upgrading To iOS 4.1
- Breaking News: iPhone Dev Team Will Release Tools To Unlock iPhone OS 4.0, iPhone OS 3.1.3
- iPhone Dev Team Releases UltraSn0w 0.93 To Unlock iOS 4 Baseband 05.13.04, Also Unlocks All Basebands Since iPhone OS 3.0
- Dev Team To Release Ultrasn0w To Unlock iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G After iOS 4.2 Is Released
- ‘Spirit’ Jailbreak Can Jailbreak And Unlock iPhone OS 3.1.3