Wikileaks Source Outed To Stroke Hacker’s Own Ego
Binary Boy writes “Bradley Manning, the US Army private arrested recently by the Pentagon for providing classified documents — including the widely seen Apache helicopter video — may have been duped by wannabe hacker Adrian Lamo, according to Glenn Greenwald at Salon.com. Lamo told Manning he could provide protection under both journalist shield laws, and the clergy-lay confidentiality tradition, and instead immediately turned him in to authorities in an act of apparent shameless self-promotion.”
The article also goes into Wired’s role in the whole situation, the strange, sometimes sensationalist media coverage, and the odd similarity between this case and proposed scenarios in a US Intelligence report from earlier this year aimed at undermining Wikileaks.
- Private Manning, Alleged WikiLeaks Source, Set Up An Early Facebook? Really?
- WikiLeaks Gives $15k To Bradley Manning Defense
- Bradley Manning (WikiLeaks Source) Given Hearing After 2 Years In Jail
- Adrian Lamo Explains His Decision To Expose Bradley Manning
- Is Wired Hiding Key Evidence On Bradley Manning?