Twitter Sells “Trending Topics” To Advertisers
destinyland writes “Twitter’s ‘Promoted Tweets’ platform already allows advertisers to insert ads directly into its users’ Twitter feeds. But advertisers will soon also be able to purchase spaces in the ‘Trending Topics’ area of Twitter. The space reserved for tracking topics seeing the most discussion will be sold for ‘thousands of dollars a day,’ according to advertisers who’ve been approached by Twitter, and while it could be a real cash cow for the service, some users argue that Twitter ‘risks ruining the site if it lets the pursuit of profit interfere with the organic nature of the social network.’”
- There’s No Escaping What’s Trending on the New Twitter iPhone App
- Q: What Does It Say About The Wisdom Of The Crowd That “White People Stink” Has Been Trending On Twitter For Almost 24 Hours?
- Twitter Ads: “The Perfect Wet Dream of Every Marketer.” So Why Are There Only 600 Advertisers?
- SkyGrid’s Realtime News Aggregator Now Allows You To Follow Topics, Sites And More
- OneRiot’s ‘Social Interest Score’ Defines Mobile Audience Segments For Advertisers