AT&T Offering Recent iPhone 3GS Buyers Credit Rebates Or iPhone 4 Upgrade Option
Folks at Modmyi reported earlier today that they’ve got their hands on AT&T’s internal memo, which states that it will offer a one-time “Customer Price Protection" for customers who bought a 16GB or 32GB iPhone 3GS in the month before the price drop on June 7.
According to Modmyi, AT&T will be offering credit rebates to users who purchased an iPhone 3GS between May 7th and June 7th. AT&T will offer a $50 credit rebate for the 16GB iPhone 3GS and $100 for the 32GB iPhone 3GS.
Alternatively, such customers will also have an option to upgrade to iPhone 4, paying whatever price difference there may be. They’ll also have to go to the original store where they purchased iPhone 3GS, pre-order the iPhone 4, and then make the return/switch when they pick up your iPhone 4 on June 24.
The offer is available for 30 days from the date of purchase, with customers in the early portion of the purchase window (May 7th through May 14th) having until June 14th to file their requests.
If customers have bought a "closeout" iPhone 3GS after June 7th then they’ll not be eligible for these offers.
MobileCrunch has also got a confirmation from AT&T about this policy for recent iPhone 3GS users.
So if you had bought an iPhone 3GS between May 7th and June 7th don’t miss out on this opportunity and trade up to the new iPhone 4.
- Verizon Offering AT&T’s iPhone Customers Attractive Trade-in Credit?
- AT&T Upgrade Eligibility: Find Out How Much You Will Pay For Apple’s New iPhone 4?
- AT&T Changes Upgrade Eligibility Dates; Hints At Launch Of New iPhone
- AT&T Offering iPhone Customers Unlimited Data Plan To Stop Them From Switching To Verizon
- AT&T Moves Up iPhone Upgrade Eligibility; New iPhone Launch Imminent