Time For Universal Data Plans?
theodp writes “Between multiple cell phones and their add-ons, high-speed Internet connections, and digital TV subscriptions, most households are paying for data delivery at least three times over, often paying the same provider twice. It’s time for a universal data plan, [Cnet columnist Molly] Wood declares: ‘I want to pay once for data, I want that data to be unlimited, and I want to be able to use it in any fashion I choose.’ Still, she has hopes that the-times-they-will-be-a-changin’: ‘It’s only a matter of time before regulators catch wind of just how many times we’re being charged for the exact same thing.’”
Source: Time For Universal Data Plans?
- AT&T Announces New Data Plans And iPhone Tethering; Kills Unlimited Data Plans
- Verizon Confirms Plan To Switch Away From Unlimited Data Plans
- AT&T Kills Unlimited Data Plans For iPad; Replaces It With 2GB Plan
- AT&T: iPhone 2G Users Can Also Keep Their Unlimited Data Plans
- Verizon Hints At Scrapping Unlimited Data Plans