> Does the Internet Make Humanity Smarter Or Dumber?
Does the Internet Make Humanity Smarter Or Dumber?
Nemilar writes “The Wall Street Journal is running a pair of articles asking whether the internet is making humanity smarter or dumber. The argument for ‘smarter’ is that the internet is simply a change in the rules of publishing, and that the bad material is thrown away; the second story critiques the ‘information overload’ aspect of the internet, claiming that we have traded depth of knowledge for velocity and span. What do you think? Does the internet make you stupid?”
Source: Does the Internet Make Humanity Smarter Or Dumber?
- Free Wi-Fi: the Movement To Give Away Your Internet For the Good of Humanity
- Information Overload, Quantified: Humanity Can Store 295 Exabytes of Data
- Time To Take the Internet Seriously
- Is Siri Smarter Than Google?
- Are We Getting Smarter? Rising IQ Scores In the Twenty-First Century
Categories: slashdot both, education, humanity, information overload, intelligence, Internet, journal, Nemilar, pair, story critiques, stupidity, velocity, Wall Street, wall street journal