Blacksn0w Ported To Unlock iPhone OS 4.0
This Blacksn0w port is based on modified binaries by msft.guy and the original Blacksn0w unlock released by Geohot.
The port is still buggy and one needs to re-apply the patched files every time the iPhone is rebooted.
This is not the perfect unlocking solution for iPhone users as it can only unlock baseband 05.11.07 that was included in iPhone OS 3.1.2. The latest beta version of iPhone OS 4.0 also includes a new baseband. So if users want to unlock your iPhone, they’ll need to preserve the baseband using tools like iPhone Dev team’s PwnageTool.
The iPhone hacking community haven’t released a tool to unlock baseband 05.12.01 that was included in iPhone OS 3.1.3.
[via Redmond Pie]
- Blacksn0w RC2 Released To Unlock iOS 4
- Breaking News: iPhone Dev Team Will Release Tools To Unlock iPhone OS 4.0, iPhone OS 3.1.3
- Breaking News: iPhone Dev Team Releases Ultrasn0w 1.0-1 To Unlock iPhone 4
- iPhone Dev Team Releases UltraSn0w 0.93 To Unlock iOS 4 Baseband 05.13.04, Also Unlocks All Basebands Since iPhone OS 3.0
- Dev Team To Release Ultrasn0w To Unlock iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G After iOS 4.2 Is Released