Police Investigating Virtual Furniture Theft
krou writes “Finnish police are involved in the investigation of up to 400 cases of theft from virtual world Habbo Hotel, with some users reporting the loss of up to €1000 of virtual furniture and other items. Users were targeted using a phishing scam that used fake webpages to capture usernames and passwords. There is no mention as to whether or not the thieves made off with the bath towels, gowns, shampoo bottles, and soaps.”
- Aussie Police Probe Virtual Worlds For Money Trail
- Police Investigating The Lost iPhone Prototype Incident
- Police Probing Theft of Millions of Pounds of Maple Syrup From Strategic Reserve
- Police Investigating Lost Next Gen iPhone Prototype Incident Seize Gizmodo Editor’s Computers
- Ask Slashdot: Wiring Home Furniture?