Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 4 To Jailbreak iPhone OS 4.0 Beta 4 Released
However, as we had reported earlier, the tool is not meant for everyone. The latest version of RedSn0w is targeted only at the jailbreak app developers and is not meant for regular iPhone users. The Dev Team had noted last month that the beta release allows jailbroken app developers to fix "broken" pieces of code in their applications ahead of the public release of iPhone OS 4.0.
MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev Team announced the release of the latest beta version of RedSn0w 0.9.5 on Twitter:
"More than halfway til Apple's official 4.0! Good time to update redsn0w for developers of JB apps. Just like beta1 JB, for JB devs only…redsn0w 0.9.5b4 updated for beta4. Mostly useful only to JB app devs to get things in order for 4.0."
Here are a few points to note if you are a developer of jailbroken iPhone apps:
- The latest Redsn0w jailbreak tool is only works on iPhone 3G.
- This beta version does not perform hactivation. Users will require an Apple UDID to get past the activation screen.
- Redsn0w 0.9.5 beta 4 works only on Mac OS X and does not have a Windows version of the software.
- Do NOT use Redsn0w if you have unlocked your iPhone. This is because iPhone OS 4.0 beta 4 contains a baseband update, which cannot be software unlocked currently.
[via iPhone Dev Team]
- Redsn0w 0.9.5 To Jailbreak iOS 4.0 GM Released, Enables Multitasking, Custom Homescreen Wallpaper For iPhone 3G
- Redsn0w Public Beta Released To Jailbreak iPhone OS 4
- Redsn0w 0.9.5 Released To Jailbreak iOS 4 For iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G
- Redsn0w To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G For Windows Users Released
- Redsn0w 0.9.8b1 & Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1 For Windows: iOS 5 Jailbreak For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch Released