Twitter’s Official iPhone App Shows Up On The App Store
We are now hearing reports that the Twitter’s free iPhone app is live and some international users have been able to successfully install the iPhone app.
This is what we know based on the initial reports:
- Twitter’s Official iPhone app is named as Twitter (as seen in the screenshot below) and not Twitter for iPhone.
- The version number of the iPhone app is 3.0, which essentially means that Tweetie 3.0 is Twitter for iPhone.
- The size of the iPhone app seems to be smaller than Tweetie 2 (2.4 MB versus 2.8 MB), which indicates that it’s only an iPhone app and not a universal app that is designed for both the iPhone and iPad. But based on the name, we expect Twitter to release the universal app rather than Twitter for iPad sometime in the future.
- The icon hasn’t changed, which is strange as we expected it to come with Twitter’s official logo.
As of now it is not available on the US App Store, so the iTunes link is giving a “Your request could not be completed.” error message. We have tried a bunch of other App Stores such as New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong, UK, Canada but couldn’t find it on any of them. So we’re not sure if it is taking time to roll it out across all the App Stores or it was pulled after the initial report.
We’ll let you know as soon as we’ve any further updates on the availability of the iPhone app. You can use this iTunes link to check if the iPhone app is available in the App Store in your country. Please don’t forget to drop us a line in the comments if it is available.
- Twitter For iPhone Now Available In The App Store
- Tweetie 2 Disappears From App Store; Twitter For iPhone Launch Imminent
- Official Gmail App For iPhone, iPad And iPod Now Available in the App Store
- Official Google Voice iPhone App Now Available In App Store
- Twitter Acquires Tweetie; Will Be Renamed “Twitter For iPhone” And Available For Free