ACLU Sues To Protect Your Right To Swear
The ACLU is suing the police in Pennsylvania for issuing tickets to people who swear. They argue that it is every American’s constitutional right to drop an F-bomb. From the article: “‘Unfortunately, many police departments in the commonwealth do not seem to be getting the message that swearing is not a crime,’ said Marieke Tuthill of the ACLU of Pennsylvania. ‘The courts have repeatedly found that profanity, unlike obscenity, is protected speech.’” This is a big f*cking deal.
- ACLU Says Net Neutrality Necessary For Free Speech
- ACLU Sues Over Legality of “Targeted Killing” By Drones
- ACLU Study Says Police Cameras Create Database of Our Movements
- IBM’s Watson Gets a Swear Filter After Learning the Urban Dictionary
- School District Sued By ACLU Over Student’s Free Speech Rights