Seeing the Forest For the Trees
swframe writes “A new object recognition system developed at MIT and UCLA looks for rudimentary visual features shared by multiple examples of the same object. Then it looks for combinations of those features shared by multiple examples, and combinations of those combinations, and so on, until it has assembled a model of the object that resembles a line drawing. Popular Science has a summary of the research. I’ve been working on something similar and I think this accomplishment looks very promising.”
Source: Seeing the Forest For the Trees
- Biodiversity Explained by Ignoring the Forest for the Trees
- Death of Trees Correlated With Human Cardiovascular & Respiratory Disease
- Google Earth 6 Brings Integrated Street View And 3D Trees. Yes, Trees. 80 Million Of Them!
- ‘Forest Bathing’ Considered Healthful
- NASA Tool Shows Where Forest Is Being Cut Down