Vibration Killing Enterprise Disk Performance?
An anonymous reader writes “Is vibration killing disk performance? ZDnet reports on research that a carbon fiber anti-vibration rack increased random read performance by 56% to 246% and random write [performance] by 34% to 88%. Vibration is a known disk problem, but this is one of the few attempts to quantify its impact — which looks to be much greater than suspected.”
- Study Casts Doubt On Mammoth-Killing Cosmic Impact
- iPad 2 LCD And Vibration Motor Show Up On Parts Supplier’s Website
- Dollar Apps Killing Traditional Gaming?
- Sn0wbreeze 2.7.1: Untethered Jailbreak For iOS 4.3.3 And iOS 4.2.8 Updated; Includes Fix For Side Switch Vibration Issue
- Hard Disk Sector Consolidates Amid Uncertain Future