Scribd Switches To HTML5
drfreak writes “This story from OSNews describes Scribd, a site for uploading and reading documents, switching from Flash to HTML5. The major reason for the decision was that HTML5 supports all the major points of the site’s previous functionality, so they saw no point in using Flash any more. The big improvement in the rollout is that documents are now first-class citizens of HTML and no longer need to sit in a Flash ‘window.’”
Source: Scribd Switches To HTML5
- Scribd’s HTML5-Based Document Viewer Is Now Portable, Retroactively Upgrades 20M+ Embeds
- Is HTML5 Ready To Take Over From Flash?
- Scribd Partners With Apture To Include Rich Media Contextual Browsing Within Content
- Crocodoc Launches HTML5-Based Document Viewer With Annotations, Embeds, And Its Own API
- Scribd Stats: A ‘Google Analytics For Documents’