Best Way To Sell a Game Concept?
dunng808 writes “If a couple of young, game-crazy guys wanted to get started designing a game with the intention of selling the concept, how should they proceed? In the music industry they would make a demo mp3. In the film industry they would write a script (and I would recommend lyx with the hollywood document class). Should they develop some sample game play with a well-known engine? Is the one in Blender good enough? This somewhat dated list suggests it is. Or should they focus on textual descriptions and static scenes made with Blender and The Gimp? Is there even a market, let alone a convention, for selling game concepts?”
Source: Best Way To Sell a Game Concept?
- Fighting With Your Fingers — A Canceled Indie Game Concept For Natal
- Will Microsoft Will Sell Off Its Entertainment Division?
- Will Microsoft Sell Off Its Entertainment Division?
- OpenFeint’s Game Channel Uses The Groupon-Model To Sell Its Mobile Games
- Study Suggests the Number-Line Concept Is Not Intuitive