Open Source Developer Knighted
unixfan writes “Georg Greve, developer of odf and active FOSS developer has received a knighthood in Germany for his work. From the article: ‘Some weeks ago I received news that the embassy in Berne had unsuccessfully been trying to contact me under FSFE’s old office address in Zurich. This was a bit odd and unexpected. So you can probably understand my surprise to be told by the embassy upon contacting them that on 18. December 2009 I had been awarded the Cross of Merit on ribbon (“Verdienstkreuz am Bande”) by the Federal Republic of Germany. As you might expect, my first reaction was one of disbelief. I was, in fact, rather shaken. You could also say shocked. Quick Wikipedia research revealed this to be part of the orders of knighthood, making this a Knight’s Cross.’”
Source: Open Source Developer Knighted
- Apple’s Design Chief – Jonathan Ive Awarded Knighthood in U.K.
- TI Developer Publishes Open-Source Qualcomm GPU Driver
- Open Source Software Seeping Into the .NET Developer World
- Java Developer Says He Built, Launched Basic Open Source Office Suite In 30 Days
- LinkedIn Unveils A More Open Developer Platform With Lightweight, Customizable Plugins