iPad 3G Jailbroken Using ‘Spirit’ Jailbreak
He has also published photos and videos of the jailbroken iPad 3G. The iPad 3G was jailbroken using the Spirit jailbreak that Comex plans to release shortly.
iPhone Dev Team had published a post today providing more details about the Spirit jailbreak, which was supposed to be released today but has been delayed by a few days due to the iPad 3G launch today.
Today's iPad 3G just as hackable as iPad Wifi
He has also published the following photos:
And here is the video of the jailbroken iPad 3G:
Comex has also explained the reason for the delay in releasing the Spirit jailbreak, which was supposed to be released today:
the point of the spirit delay is to allow time to get SHSH blobs, especially on the 3G iPad. spirit will support:
- all models of iPhone and iPod touch, 3.1.2 and 3.1.3
- both models of iPad, 3.2
You don't need a SHSH blob to jailbreak, but you do need it to restore or downgrade if something goes wrong or you accidentally upgrade. For 3.1.2 (required for blackra1n, etc.), Apple is no longer handing out blobs, but for 3.1.3 and 3.2, you can still get blobs– and should do so ASAP!
You can get more details about taking backup of SHSH blob from our earlier post.
[via iPhone Dev Team]
- Spirit: Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Released
- iPhone Dev Team Provides More Details About ‘Spirit’ Jailbreak; Might Not Be Released Today
- Comex To Release Spirit Like Tool To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS (New/Old Bootrom) And iPod Touch 2G/3G On iOS 4
- Breaking News: iPad Has Already Been Jailbroken
- New Version Of Spirit Jailbreak For iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Released