iPad Camera Connection Kit Supports USB Keyboard And Audio Headsets
Apple has started shipping the Camera Connection Kit for iPad earlier this week.
The Camera connection kit enables iPad users to import photos and videos from a digital camera: using your camera’s USB cable or directly from an SD card.
Users who have got their iPad Camera connection kit are reporting interesting ways to use it other than importing photos and videos from a digital camera such as:
According to folks at Tidbits, USB headphone/headset will work on the iPad through the connection kit. They have tested making Skype phone calls and "the quality was just terrific".
Erica Sadun of TUAW reports that users can also connect and use a USB keyboard to the iPad through the connection kit.
iLounge reports that the iPad emails pictures out at 2048×1536 resolution rather than chopping JPEG pictures down to 800×600 as is done with iPhone photos. But if you copy/paste the images into an email, you can get full resolution images emailed out.
iLounge also notes that once you connect to your Mac, iPhoto imports full resolution images with EXIF information intact.
You can checkout the hands-on demonstration using the camera connection kit to import photos directly to the iPad:
It would be pretty cool if iPad’s camera connection kit also worked with the iPhone.
- Connect External Hard Drive To iPad Using Camera Connection Kit
- How To Turn Your iPhone Into A Wireless Camera For Your iPad
- JailbreakMe 3.0: Comex To Fix Issue Installing Some Packages & iPad Camera Connection Kit Issue
- iOS 4.3 Reveals FaceTime, Camera & Photo Booth iPad Apps; Points To iPad 2 Camera
- iPad 3G Users Reporting Downscaled Videos; Some Video Streaming iPad Apps Blocked Over 3G