Verizon Launching HTC Droid Incredible On April 29 – Should Apple Be Worried?
HTC has been regularly churning out new Android smartphone models.
Just weeks after HTC EVO 4G was unveiled, the company got together with Verizon last week to unveil new HTC Droid Incredible.
The Android 2.1 based smartphone will launch on April 29 at a starting price of $199.99.
Here is a look at the technical specifications
- Dimensions: 4.63" x 2.30" x 0.47"
- Display: 3.7 inch screen with 480 x 800 WVGA OLED touch screen
- Platform: Android 2.1 with Google Experience and Sense UI
- Internal Memory: 8GB
- Processor: 1 GHz Snapdragon
- ROM: 748MB
- Storage: Up to 16GB optional microSD support
- Camera: 8 megapixel with auto-focus and video capture
- Battery: Up to 312 minutes usage time and 146 hours of standby
- Tether: Ability to tether via cable to a computer through the VZ Access Manager
You can checkout the video demo of the device below:
In terms of features, the Droid Incredible appears to be an improved version of Google's Nexus One. Considering that the Nexus One was touted to be the iPhone killer when it was launched, it will be interesting to see how the new Droid Incredible compares to Apple's iPhone.
There is little doubt that Droid Incredible is a better smartphone than iPhone 3GS if you compare the hardware features. However, with the next generation iPhone and Sprint's HTC EVO 4G, which has also generated a lot of interest expected to be launched in June, we wonder if the new Android phone will be able to match up to them.
Based on today's breaking news and several speculations, Apple's new iPhone will most probably include features such as front facing camera, higher resolution screen, higher resolution camera with flash, Apple A4 chip and more, in which case Apple's next generation iPhone bundled with iPhone OS 4.0 with 100 new features will be very difficult to beat.
What do you think?
- So When Do The “Droid Did” Verizon iPhone Commercials Start?
- Modders Crack Into Verizon Droid, Unlocking Multitouch and More
- Rumor: Verizon iPhone Launching In January 2011
- Apple Posts Videos Of Droid X And Nokia N97 Mini Antenna Performance And Their Weak Spots
- Android 2.1 Finally Makes It To Droid