Heavy US Demand Delays iPad’s Worldwide Release
Dave Knott writes “The international launch of the iPad has been delayed until late May, a one month setback from the original launch window of late April. Citing Apple’s press release: ‘Although we have delivered more than 500,000 iPads during its first week, demand is far higher than we predicted and will likely continue to exceed our supply over the next several weeks as more people see and touch an iPad. We have also taken a large number of pre-orders for iPad 3G models for delivery by the end of April.’ International pricing will be announced on May 10, at which time international pre-orders are expected to begin.”
- iPad International Shipment Delayed As US Demand Exceeds Apple’s Expectations
- International Users: iPad Shipping Worldwide Via eBay; Workaround To Download iPad Apps
- Apple Confirms UK iPad 2 Launch Still On March 25th
- Apple To Release iOS 4.2 For iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch Today
- Apple May Release iPad 1.5 At Next Week’s Media Event; iPad 2 Later This Year?