iPhone OS 4.0 Features Revealed: Bluetooth Keyboards, Customize Homescreen Wallpaper, Multi-Core Support
iPhone OS 4.0 Beta that has been seeded to developers of iPhone Developer program has already revealed features such as digital zoom, spell checker etc that Apple had not announced at today’s iPhone OS 4.0 event.
Developers continue to discover more features in iPhone OS 4.0.
Customize Homescreen Wallpaper:
Users will also be able to change the wallpaper on their iPhone homescreen in iPhone OS 4.0 (screenshot below).
Multi-Core Processors Support:
MacRumors is reporting that they’ve discovered references, which indicate that Apple could use the multi-core processors in future iPhones.
Apple has also integrated Grand Central Dispatch into the iPhone OS — a technology introduced with Snow Leopard to ease the use of multi-core processors. The current iPhone currently only has single core processors, though there have been long-standing rumors that Apple might use the multi-core Cortex A9 in the future.
iPhone OS 4.0 looks fantastic. Let us know what you think in the comments.
- iPhone 3G Users Won’t Be Able To Customize Homescreen Wallpaper In iPhone OS 4?
- Redsn0w 0.9.5 To Jailbreak iOS 4.0 GM Released, Enables Multitasking, Custom Homescreen Wallpaper For iPhone 3G
- Steve Jobs Explains Why Custom Homescreen Wallpaper Feature Is Not Supported In iOS 4 For iPhone 3G
- iOS 5 May Add Bluetooth Support To Apple TV 2G
- Bluetooth Keyboards With a 10-Year Charge Promised