> A Wireless Hotspot For Your Car — Why Not?
A Wireless Hotspot For Your Car — Why Not?
nk497 writes “UK mobile operator 3 has unveiled a wireless hotspot for cars. It’s essentially a repackaged version of their MiFi wireless router, which lets users create their own wireless hotspot using the 3G network. While drivers will hopefully steer away from using the web at the wheel, 3 predicts the mobile hotspot will let passengers entertain themselves as well as offer a hookup to email, music and traffic data.”
Source: A Wireless Hotspot For Your Car — Why Not?
- Sprint Customers Face 5GB Hotspot Data Cap, As of Oct. 2
- Study: There’s a Wi-Fi Hotspot For Every 150 People In the World
- Audi A8 Gets Factory Integrated Mobile Hotspot
- Microsoft Ad Campaign Puts a Hotspot Inside a Magazine
- Barcelona Will Be a Big Test For HotSpot 2.0 Wi-Fi Connections
Categories: slashdot Communications, hotspot, MiFi, mobile, mobile hotspot, operator, router, transportation, UK, uk mobile operator, version, Wireless, wireless hotspot, wireless router