iPad Progress Report
Now that the 300,000 early adaptors have had a few days to play and work with their iPads, we’re moving beyond the “first impressions” articles (but here’s a video of a 2-1/2-year-old’s first encounter with the device). The detailed reviews aren’t out yet. The largest source of early complaints is a complex of problems with Wi-Fi reception. Apple has posted a technical support note implicitly acknowledging the problems and suggesting some work-arounds — specifically, changing SSIDs or encryption methods on base stations that offer both 2.4-GHz and 5.8-GHz signals. Finally, here’s a detailed look at the gratuitous pain Apple imposes on those desiring toget iWork files transferred from and to the iPad.
Source: iPad Progress Report
- iPad Users Reporting Wi-Fi And Overheating Problems
- Apple May Release iPad 1.5 At Next Week’s Media Event; iPad 2 Later This Year?
- Apple Announces iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, OS X Yosemite and More
- Hands-On With the Apple iPad
- iPad News Roundup: Apple Wins Crucial iPad Patents, SlingPlayer Mobile On iPad Coming Soon