Winterboard: Jailbreak App To Customize Look And Feel Of The iPhone Gets Updated
WinterBoard 0.9.3156-1 is now available in Settings. It also fixes the issues observed in iPhone OS 3.1 or later, and can "iPhone-optimize" PNG's using pincrush thanks to help from dhowett.
To recap, here are some of the features of Winterboard:
Customize the wallpaper. If you’re bored with static wallpaper, you can install video wallpaper in video form (.mp4).
Customize the dock.
Sound customization – Customize all kinds of system sounds.
Web clips – Let you theme the web clips also.
Lock Background – Customize the background of lock screen.
SMS Background – Theme the SMS bubbles.
Keyboard – Change the look & feel of iPhone keyboard.
Calculator – Customize calculator background.
In the new version, you can customize your iPhone using the Setting app (Settings->Winterboard). Saurik, the developer of Winterboard has given the credit to dhowett for the Winterboard in Settings feature, as he was the one who figured out how to get the draggable selector working. dhowett’s PinCrush has been implemented in this update to increase the speed of loading PNGs.
As seen in the screenshot above, you also have an option to enable debugging mode and a "summerboard" mode, which will help add support for older Summerboard themes. You can also hide the Winterboard icon on your iPhone’s home screen.
Please install the new version of Winterboard on your jailbroken iPhone from Cydia and let us know how it goes.
- DreamBoard: Promising Alternative To WinterBoard to Customize iPhone But..
- New Cydia Theme Center Makes It Easier To Find And Install Themes To Customize Your Jailbreak iPhone
- iPhone 3G Users Won’t Be Able To Customize Homescreen Wallpaper In iPhone OS 4?
- PowerAlerter: Jailbreak App Allows You To Customize Battery Alerts For iPhone
- Springtomize: Jailbreak App Allows Users To Customize Almost All Aspects Of The iPhone