> Want a Body Piercing With That Server?
Want a Body Piercing With That Server?
1sockchuck writes “The web hosting business is known for promotional gimmicks. But here’s an unusual one: ServerBeach UK is offering a free body piercing with every new server ordered on April 1st. ‘We were tired of the typical boring giveaways that have been done to death’ said ServerBeach’s Dominic Monkhouse. The stunt revives memories of earlier guerilla marketing efforts by web hosts, like the ‘human billboard’ who was paid $7,000 to tattoo a hosting company’s logo on the back of his head.”
Source: Want a Body Piercing With That Server?
- Judge: Megaupload, Host, DOJ Must Work Out Server Maintenance
- Texas and Taxes: Is a Server a Business Presence?
- Drunken Employee Shoots Server
- Harris Exits Cloud Hosting, Citing Fed Server Hugging
- Preventing My Hosting Provider From Rooting My Server?
Categories: slashdot Body, datacenter, Dominic Monkhouse, guerilla marketing, hardware, human billboard, idle, index, marketing efforts, omgponies, promotional gimmicks, server, ServerBeach, sockchuck, typoinheadline, UK, web, web hosts