iPad News Roundup: iPad To Launch Outside US On April 24, Refunding Expedited Shipping Charges
The iPad launches in the US this weekend amidst a lot of hype and expectation.
Though the exact launch date for other countries has not yet been announced, there are speculations that it could be around April 24th. In a recently published report, iPadInCanada claims that Apple Store staff in the country have been informed that the 24th of this month has been marked as a "black out period", which means employees cannot book the day off.
While this speculation has to be taken with a grain of salt, it does give an indication of when the iPad might become available outside the US – primarily in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK.
Nevertheless, Apple is reported to be focusing on its US launch at the moment and glitches in the launch, if any, are being sorted out. One such issue was with Apple's charge of $12 for "expedited shipping" for the iPad. As Gizmodo notes, this option did not make sense considering that all pre-orders were scheduled for delivery on April 3rd. The website has now noted that Apple has been refunding the additional $12 for users who had opted for expedited shipment.
Meanwhile, a few prominent publications and people have already been reporting on having received their iPads. Here is a video of British actor Stephen Fry unpacking his iPad.
Also also check out the video review of iPad posted on PCMag and let us know your views.
- iPad News Roundup: New Apps From HBO & Verizon, Mini-iPad Launch & More
- iPad News Roundup: Apple Wins Crucial iPad Patents, SlingPlayer Mobile On iPad Coming Soon
- Apple Starts Shipping iPhone 4 For Launch Day; Some Users Report Cancellation Of iPhone 4 Pre-Orders
- AT&T Also Starts Shipping iPhone 4 For Launch Day
- News Roundup: Apple Acquires Imsense For HDR Feature, iPad To Launch In New Markets And iOS 4.2 Beta Release Imminent