New iTunes Update To Bring Dedicated Books Section For iPad Users And More
Apple is rumored to be working on an update to its iTunes software that could make it easier for iPad users to organize their ebook content.
The new iTunes 9.1 update, expected to be released around the same time as the iPad next week will bring several enhancements along with device-specific display of ebook content to users.
Here are some of the important changes that users are likely to see in the new version of iTunes.
New Books Section: Apple is likely to replace the existing "Audiobooks" category on iTunes with a more comprehensive "Books" section. The new section is expected to make content organization easier by only displaying those ebooks that are compatible with the device being synced.
Enhancement To Genius Mixes: Genius Mixes is a popular feature on iTunes that lets users to automatically select songs that complement each other. The new version will bring additional enhancements to the Genius Mixes feature that will allow users to edit, rename or delete mixes. The new interface of Genius Mixes will also bring a drag and drop interface for users to rearrange the mixes.
AAC Format Conversion: Syncing your iPhone to your desktop iTunes 9.1 software is likely to automatically convert songs to 128 kbps AAC format. This feature which is presently available only for iPod Shuffle users is likely to extend to other devices to help reduce the song file size subsequently allowing iPhone or iPod users to store more songs.
There are many more minor tweaks and enhancements likely to be available with the update though I believe the introduction of a dedicated Books section could be the most significant enhancement in the new iTunes version. What do you think of these anticipated changes? Let us know your views.
- Apple Releases iTunes 9.1 To Sync With iPad; Prevents Tethered Jailbroken iPhones From Syncing [Updated]
- Apple Releases iTunes 9.1.1; Includes Number Of Important Bug Fixes
- Amazon To Bring Newspapers & Magazines, ‘Lending For Kindle’ Feature To iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
- iOS 4.3 Release Date – March 11th; Includes Faster Safari Performance, iTunes Home Sharing, AirPlay Enhancements, Personal Hotspot & More
- iCloud: iTunes In The Cloud Also Supports Music Streaming On iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac And PC