Apple Releases iTunes 9.1 To Sync With iPad; Prevents Tethered Jailbroken iPhones From Syncing [Updated]
Apple has just released iTunes 9.1, which according to the release notes brings several new features and improvements such as support for iPad syncing including eBook content and greater customization of Genius Mixes just as we had reported earlier today.
It is available via Apple Software update and is 97.3 MB in size.
According to the release notes, iTunes 9.1 includes several new features and improvements such as:
- Sync with iPad to enjoy your favorite music, movies, TV shows, books and more on the go
- Organize and sync books you've downloaded from iBooks on iPad or added to your iTunes library
- Rename, rearrange, or remove Genius Mixes
It is also rumored that iTunes will get a new Books Section around the same time as the iPad launch. Apple is likely to replace the existing "Audiobooks" category on iTunes with a more comprehensive "Books" section. The new section is expected to make content organization easier by only displaying those ebooks that are compatible with the device being synced.
You can download iTunes 9.1 from this link or via Apple Software update.
Please don’t forget to let us know how it goes.
MobileCrunch and ModMyI are reporting that iTunes 9.1 does not sync with tethered jailbroken iPhones and iPod Touch. So if you have jailbroken your iPhone then it might be safer to avoid updating iTunes until there is more clarity on the issue.
According to iH8Sn0w, developer of Sn0wbreeze, it seems that blackra1n or iTunes 9.1 syncing issues are occurring for Windows users only, Mac OS X doesn't seem to have such issues. He has also released a fix for Blackra1n for Windows users to fix iTunes 9.1.
- Apple Releases iTunes 9.1.1; Includes Number Of Important Bug Fixes
- Apple Releases iTunes 10.3.1, Probably To Fix Syncing Issue
- Wi-Fi Sync 2.0: Jailbreak App Will Sync Your iPhone With iTunes Over 3G
- Sync Your iPhone Wirelessly With iTunes Using Wi-Fi Sync App
- Apple Releases iTunes 10.2.2; Includes Number Of Important Bug Fixes