New Version Of Circuitous Multitasking iPhone App Released; Includes Improved UI And Customization Options
Circuitous offered a clean dock-based interface for users to switch between the various active iPhone applications. As Dan Zimmerman, the developer of the app put it, it was a nifty "custom app switcher".
The jailbreak iPhone app, which received an overwhelmingly positive response from our readers has been updated. The new version of Circuitous (v1.2) comes with a refined interface, which is believed to improve the overall user experience on the app. Here is a list of enhancements that come with the new version of Circuitous:
Dock placement: Circuitous now provides an option for users to dock their applications on the left or right side of the screen.
Dock Animation: Additional options provided on the Settings page for customizing the animation of apps on the dock
Improved GUI: The new version of Circuitous provides an easier way to quit apps by merely sliding the icon out of the dock. Also, the close button on these icons has been tweaked to enable easier tapping.
Dimmed Screen: Users are now provided an option to turn off the dimmed screen.
Slide Options: There are new gestures to make app navigation simpler. For instance, users may slide upward to quit an application, slide downward to move the app to the background, slide right to cycle forward and slide left to cycle in the through apps in the backward sequence.
As existing users of Circuitous may already know, the jailbreak app is available for free on Cydia via the BigBoss and PlanetiPhones repositories. Do check it out and give us your feedback on the new version of Circuitous.
- iPhone OS 4.0: Hack Can Enable Multitasking On iPhone 3G
- iPhone OS 4.0: Exposé Like Multitasking; Universal Mailbox; Add Contacts To Home Screen
- Redsn0w 0.9.5 To Jailbreak iOS 4.0 GM Released, Enables Multitasking, Custom Homescreen Wallpaper For iPhone 3G
- Multifl0w 2.1 Brings WebOS Cards-Style Multitasking Interface To iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch
- Multifl0w Brings Expos-like Multitasking To iPhone, iPod Touch And iPad