“Install Other OS” Feature Removed From the PS3
Hann1bal writes “The next system software update for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system will be released on April 1, 2010 (JST), and will disable the ‘Install Other OS’ feature that was available on the PS3 systems prior to the current slimmer models, launched in September 2009. This feature enabled users to install an operating system, but due to security concerns, Sony Computer Entertainment will remove the functionality through the 3.21 system software update.”
Updated 3:49 GMT by timothy: An anonymous reader writes “This comes as something of a surprise. Particularly because only a month ago Sony Computer Entertainment management seemed committed to the continued support of the Other OS option on the PS3.”
- Sony Rootkit Redux: Canadian Business Groups Lobby For Right To Install Spyware
- FBI Pressures Internet Providers To Install Surveillance Software
- Nvidia Removed Linux Driver Feature For Feature Parity With Windows
- Ask Slashdot: No-Install Programming At Work?
- What Free Antivirus Do You Install On Windows?