UMG To Price New CDs Under $10
marmoset writes “Perhaps a decade late, Universal Music Group has decided to try out sub-$10 CD pricing in the US. ‘Beginning in the second quarter and continuing through most of the year, the company’s Velocity program will test lower CD prices. Single CDs will have the suggested list prices of $10, $9, $8, $7 and $6.’” CD retailers are not convinced the price cuts will work out. For one thing it depends on whether other major labels follow suit, but the article notes that “executives at the other majors were nervous about the UMG move” and “privately, some appeared annoyed.”
Source: UMG To Price New CDs Under $10
- Major Electronics Vendors Accused of Price Fixing
- $860 Million In Fines Handed Out For LCD Price-Fixing
- Apple Web Stores Down Across Europe – Price Cuts, Promotions Coming?
- London Stock Exchange Price Errors ‘Emerged At Linux Launch’
- Flight And Hotel Price Tracking Startup Yapta Is Raising A $6.4 Million Round