> Opera Sees “Dramatic” Rise From Microsoft’s Ballot
Opera Sees “Dramatic” Rise From Microsoft’s Ballot
TheReal_sabret00the notes a TechRadar piece reporting that Opera Software has seen a doubling from normal download numbers on average since Microroft’s browser-choice screen lit up in Europe. The UK saw an 85% increase and for other countries it was larger still: Poland 328%, Spain 215%, and Italy 202%. Hakon Wium Lie, CTO of Opera Software, said “A multitude of browsers will make the web more standardised and easier to browse”.
Source: Opera Sees “Dramatic” Rise From Microsoft’s Ballot
- Microsoft Tweaks Browser Ballot As EU Deal Nears
- How Europe’s Mandated Browser Ballot Screen Works
- Opera 11 Sees 6.7 Million Downloads In First Day–Was It The Bacon?
- Opera’s Haakon Wium Lie On CSS, Web Standards, and More
- IE Not Faring Well In the EU Ballot
Categories: Uncategorized browser choice, cto, dramatic rise, eu, Europe, hakon, Hakon Wium, Italy, Microsoft, msie, Opera, opera software, Poland, sabret, software, Spain, technology, TechRadar, TheReal, UK