Federal Judge Bars Instant Publishing of Analysts’ Stock Tips
An anonymous reader writes “Big Banking firms Barclay’s Capital, Morgan Stanley, and Merrill Lynch successfully obtained an injunction against theflyonthewall.com, Inc., preventing them from immediately publishing the firms’ stock upgrades and downgrades. This case could have far-reaching consequences concerning internet communication and publication of news.” Here’s some interesting analysis from Paul Levy, via Dave Farber’s Interesting People list.
- Louisiana Federal Judge Blocks Drilling Moratorium
- RIAA Lobbyist Becomes Federal Judge, Rules On File-Sharing Cases
- Google Announces ‘Instant Pages,’ ‘Instant’ Image Search And ‘Instant’ Availability In 32 Languages
- Federal Judge Dismisses Movie Piracy Complaint
- Federal Patents Judge Thinks Software Patents Are Good